This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, in connection with our site (as defined below), will be collected, stored, used, disclosed, and otherwise processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Arabic Music Library is the controller of your personal data that it collects from you or otherwise receives. This means that it determines the purposes and means of the processing of your personal data. However, it will process your personal data in accordance with this policy.
We will collect and process the following personal data about you:
Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by contacting us via our website or filling in online forms on our website at www.arabicmusiclibrary.com by communicating with us by telephone, e-mail, or otherwise, to order music sheets from us. The information you give us may include: your name, e-mail address and phone number your billing/payment information (including cardholder name, daytime phone, billing address, card type, and/or other card details)
Please be aware that if you fail to provide us information that we ask for, we may be unable to provide products or services to you or otherwise fulfill your requirements. It is important that we hold current information about you, so please provide us with any appropriate updates.
Uses Made of the Information
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
1. To provide you with music sheets, lessons, and audio archives.
2. To collect payments for any products or services you purchase from us.
3. To notify you about changes to our products or services; and
4. To try to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or another device.
5. From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by phone, or email.
6. We will never sell your information.
We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
Disclosing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, on our website as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy and we will not disclose your personal information to third parties except in the following circumstances:
• Where you have consented to your personal information being provided to a third party;
• Where Arabic Music Library is required by law to disclose your information; and
• Gaining access to your personal information held by Arabic Music Library.
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
A cookie is a small file that asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes, and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have the right to:
1. Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
2. Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
3. Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us to continue to process it.
4. Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object to where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.